About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Friday, July 11, 2014

Parsley Tea

As promised, along with changing my diet, I have found several things that help with the HS healing process and help prevent future flare-ups.  Did you know that parsley is not just a garnish?  Parsley tea has been recommended for several conditions.  I live by it.  I drink parsley tea at least once a week, sometimes more depending on my mood.  If you currently have a flare-up, start drinking parsley tea every single day until the flare-up is gone.  Why?  Let me explain!



There are so many health benefits to parsley, but more important for HS sufferers is parsley has anti-inflammatory properties.  Parsley contains natural chemicals called phytonutrients, specifically flavonoids, which help prevent unnecessary inflammation throughout the body.  The oil in parsley has been known to decrease swelling and pain.  Parsley also contains histidine, an amino acid which helps with wound healing and helps repair tissue damage.  Parsley is also high in mineral content such as magnesium and zinc.  Magnesium is a common mineral that is lacking in our bodies.  A diet deficient in magnesium can cause inflammation.  Zinc has many anti-inflammatory benefits such has helping remove substances that cause inflammation in the cells.  Parsley is also high in vitamin C which boosts the immune system.  A strong immune system helps fight inflammatory disorders.  There are many more benefits, but I think you get the point!

Ingredients
Approximately 1 cup parsley, chopped
Water


  • Heat water in tea pot.  Chop parsley and add to French Press JCPenney.com Click on the link to purchase a French Press.  Once water is heated, add to the French Press.  Let steep for approximately 20 minutes.   



I love using a chopper/scraper to chop my parsley.  You can purchase the one below by clicking on the picture.  Are you in need of new measuring cups?  You can also purchase these measuring cups to measure out your parsley.

Shop Taste of Home. Cookbooks, gadgets, magazines, and much more. Shop now!

1 comment:

  1. Parsley is also high in mineral content such as magnesium and zinc. parsley tea

    ReplyDelete