About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing

As a Hidradenitis Suppurativa sufferer, I decided to completely change my diet.  Changing my diet has worked for me.  One thing I try to eat a lot of are fresh fruits and vegetables.  In general, it is very beneficial to eat a lot of greens; however, you don't want to defeat the purpose of getting all these nutrients by adding a salad dressing loaded with high fructose corn syrup!  Here is a refreshing, healthy strawberry vinaigrette dressing, great for summer days.

Ingredients
1 pint of strawberries
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. 100% pure honey

  • In a food processor or blender combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.  Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.  I ate mine with a dark green mixed salad, sliced almonds and fresh strawberries.  It was yummy!



Strawberries:  Strawberries are known to alleviate inflammation.  They are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C, folic acid, fiber and antioxidants.  Consuming high amounts of fruits and vegetables is also good for skin conditions.  

Apple Cider Vinegar: High cholesterol is known to cause inflammation.  Apple cider vinegar not only helps regulate blood pressure, but also helps balance cholesterol.  Apple cider vinegar also has anti-bacterial properties which can help clear up skin conditions.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil:  Extra virgin olive oils have a phytonutrient called oleocanthal.  Studies have shown this natural phenolic compound reduces inflammation.  Extra virgin olive oils are also rich in antioxidants.

Honey: Honey contains antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.  Honey also helps the body regulate blood sugar levels.


Shop at Vitacost.com today and save up to 50%! Free shipping on orders over $49.

No comments:

Post a Comment