About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Lime Vinaigrette Dressing

As a Hidradenitis Suppurativa sufferer, it is very important to get your dark leafy greens.  I eat a ton of salads and make all of my dressings.  Here is a fresh dressing, great for summer days.  Enjoy over a large spinach salad with garbanzo beans and walnuts.

Ingredients
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup juice from limes
1 /2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. sea salt

  • Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Voila!
 


Extra Virgin Olive Oil:  Extra virgin olive oils have a phytonutrient called oleocanthal.  Studies have shown this natural phenolic compound helps fight inflammation.  Extra virgin olive oils are also rich in antioxidants which helps boost the immune system.

Lime:  Limes are high antioxidants and effective detoxifiers.  They have an antibiotic effect which helps protect against bad bacteria.  Limes have powerful digestive properties and help treat inflammatory disorders.  

Oregano: Oregano contains rosmarinic which is an antioxidant.  Oregano is also a good source of fiber, vitamins such as vitamin K and minerals such as manganese.

No comments:

Post a Comment