About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Monday, January 12, 2015

What Are You Grateful For?

As a Hidradenitis Suppurativa sufferer it may be hard to find things that we are thankful for.  However, even in the midst of our pain, there is beauty everywhere.  Sometimes we may have to dig a little deeper to find it.


What Are You Grateful For?

I am sure you have all heard of a gratitude journal.  If not, it is quite simple.  You start a journal writing down things you are grateful for.  We have so many negatives that surround us in a day, so why not begin focusing on the positive.  Actually, there have been a multitude of research studies surrounding gratitude.  These studies suggest that when we think positive and express gratitude we lower our stress, sleep better, and have happier lives.  Not to mention that expressing gratitude also improves our health, showing fewer symptoms of illness!  So what are you waiting for?  Simply write down at least 3 things you are grateful for a couple times a week.  As times goes on, try to elaborate on why you are grateful.  There is only one rule; you can't repeat the things you mentioned the previous week.

No comments:

Post a Comment