About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Friday, August 15, 2014

Asian-Style Salmon

Since I posted yesterday about Omega-3 fatty acids, I thought it would be fitting to share a salmon recipe which is a great source of omega-3s.  I are my salmon with Sesame Garlic quinoa and green beans with mushrooms. Hearty and Healthy!!

Ingredients
Salmon fillets
3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
Juice from 1 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
Spinach

***Preheat broiler to high.
  • In a separate bowl mix together soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, ginger and garlic.  Add salmon fillets to the marinade mixture and let marinate for approximately 10-30 minutes.
  • Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray and pour a small amount of marinade mixture into the baking dish, add the fillets and pour remaining marinade over the salmon fillets.  
  • Broil on high for 10-12 minutes.  
  • Once salmon is cooked, add a handful of spinach to your plate and place salmon on top, drizzling some of the marinade sauce over the spinach.  Delicious!

Salmon:  Salmon is a great source of omega-3s which contain anti-inflammatory properties.  Salmon is also rich in selenium which helps boost the immune system fighting bacterial and viral infections.  Salmon also contains vitamin A which helps your body create white blood cells (leukocytes) which also help fight off infection in the body.

Honey:  Pure honey is a good alternative sweetener because it does not contain preservatives, additives or chemicals.  Honey is an antioxidant which helps remove free radicals from the body.  Honey is also loaded with vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, magnesium, manganese, and zinc (to name a few).  Some of these minerals have many anti-inflammatory benefits.

Lemon: Lemons are known to remove toxins from the body.  They help cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system.  They also strengthen the immune system which helps fight many illnesses.

Ginger: Ginger has antioxidant effects, anti-inflammatory properties and is a natural painkiller.

Garlic: Garlic is another superfood that lowers blood pressure, blood cholesterol and blood sugar.  Garlic also protects the liver and contains anti-tumor properties.  It has the ability of boosting the lymphatic system which functions as a defense in the immune system.  Garlic also reduces joint swelling and inflammation.

Spinach:  Spinach contains flavonoids which have anti-inflammatory properties as well as anti-cancerous properties.  Spinach is also a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins such as A, K, magnesium, folate and potassium to name a few.  

No comments:

Post a Comment