About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Spread Kindness

The simple act of kindness can bring so much joy to others.  There is something very powerful about bringing happiness to other peoples lives!  Ian Maclaren said "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." 

Simple acts of kindness are a win-win!  It is not just others you are helping.  I am sure that it comes as no surprise that spreading kindness adds many health benefits.  Did you know research suggests that acts of kindness actually improves the immune system?  Not to mention, it can instantly improve your mood.  Research also suggests that generosity can make you less stressed and make you feel happier.  Additionally, people experiencing problems had a greater sense of resiliency when they gave to others.  The list goes on and on!


Day 13: Spread Kindness

Instead of giving out a handful of change to the needy on the street, put together a little care packet and keep it in your car for the right opportunity. You can even put a couple dollars in with all the supplies.  I live in Colorado where the weather can get quite chilly, so I also put in some gloves and warm socks as well.  My challenge to you is to look for opportunities in your day where you can spread a little kindness. 


Shop Clothing, Gifts, Jewelry and More! All Orders Help Fund Alzheimer's Research!

No comments:

Post a Comment