About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Stretch

When I found out that stress could be a trigger for Hidradenitis Suppurativa, I started taking a mental note of the things I could do to relieve stress in my day.  While I have found several stress relievers, starting my day with an exercise routine and ending it with stretching has worked wonders.  Of course there are many benefits to stretching such as increasing circulation and improving posture; however, the way I feel after stretching is priceless.


Stretch

I have never been flexible; however, stretching relaxes me and the more I stretch, the better I feel.  It gives me a chance to recharge and reduces areas of aches and pains.  I try to hold each stretch for 30 seconds and remember to breath.  The deeper I breath, the more relaxed I feel.  I move in to the stretch slowly and come out of the stretch slowly.     


Here is just another way to reduce my stress and start the morning off right! 


icon

No comments:

Post a Comment