About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Your Choice

On Thursday night my husband and I went out to dinner.  We went to a restaurant that we frequent often.  In this particular visit; we had a new waitress, our order took longer than normal and when my food came out the waitress stated that my husbands order was mistakenly taken to another persons table.  Slowly but surely his meal was brought out to him one item at a time, literally one item at a time.  My husband is slow to anger and he has a tendency to find humor in these types of situations.  The waitress was very apologetic and it was clear she felt horrible.  The manager came over as well to apologize and make sure we were okay.  To be completely honest, I was quite surprised when the bill came and nothing was taken off of the bill.

Last night we went out to eat again (by the way, we don't usually go out two nights in a row).  We went to a different restaurant that we had never been to before.  The food was great and our waitress and service was fantastic.  When our waitress was about to bring us our bill she said "I have a surprise for you" and walked away to retrieve our surprise.  My husband and I talked about what this "surprise" could be.  We assumed it was some kind of awards program or other promotional offer.  Our waitress came back and said "we have a waitress (Anna) that works here and recognized both of you from your dinner last night".  She went on to say "she was actually your waitress last night (at the other restaurant) and she feels horrible about the service you received and it has been bothering her since".  Our waitress told us that Anna wanted to use her employee discount for our meal.


Your Choice

I was so touched by her kindness!  I even found her in the restaurant and went and gave her a hug and thanked her!  She literally had tears in her eyes.

This experience just reminded me that everyone has a story and we have no idea what is going on in peoples lives that we come into contact with.  When life presents us with moments of the 'not-so-good', the only thing we can control is our response to the situation and our attitudes.  What is the point of getting agitated?  Agitation just leads to increased stress levels.  As I have mentioned in several posts, stress is an absolute trigger to many illnesses including Hidradenitis Suppurativa.  It's your choice, so why not choose a positive response in these moments?  Life is too short to get agitated.

No comments:

Post a Comment