About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Get Lost in a Book

Managing stress is a key factor in controlling Hidradenitis Suppurativa.  I have learned that getting lost in a book is a highly effective way to help me destress.  Research suggests that reading helps distract us from our everyday worries and relaxes the body.  One study showed a 68 percent stress reduction in participants when they read.


Get Lost in a Book

About an hour before bed, I like to take a hot Epsom salt bath and read.  This completely relaxes my body and quiets my mind.  Not to mention, it helps me get a great night sleep.  

Here is a list of some of the books I read in 2014 that I feel are worth the read.
  • The One & Only (Emily Giffin)
  • Something Borrowed (Emily Giffin)
  • Something Blue (Emily Giffin)
  • The Longest Ride (Nicholas Sparks)
  • The Best of Me (Nicholas Sparks)
  • Divergent Series (Veronica Roth)
    • Insurgent
    • Allegiant
  • The Promise (Robyn Carr)
  • Sing You Home (Jodi Picoult)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes....I forgot Wild (Cheryl Strayed)! Now I just need to go see the movie :)

    ReplyDelete