About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Avocado Spread/Dip

Last night I made a delicious blackened chicken.  It was a bit too spicy (and I love spice) so I will wait to post the recipe until I remake it (hopefully not so spicy).  The recipe called for an avocado spread to top off the blackened chicken (which was found on SkinnyMom).  The spread was so yummy.  I even took the left overs to work with me today and used it as a dip for my celery.

Ingredients
3/4 small avocado
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1/3 cup Greek yogurt (fat-free, plain)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp garlic salt or sea salt

  • Combine all ingredients until smooth.  

Day 21: Avocado Spread/Dip


Avocado:  Avocados are loaded with vitamins and minerals including B vitamins which help fight off infection and disease.  Avocados are an anti-inflammatory food which can help eliminate chronic disease. 

Lemon: Lemons are known to remove toxins from the body.  They help cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system.  They also strengthen the immune system which helps fight many illnesses.

Greek Yogurt:  Protein is needed for healthy skin and to help fight off disease.  Greek Yogurt is an excellent source of protein.  It is also loaded with probiotics which help keep your intestines healthy along with aid in digestion.


No comments:

Post a Comment