About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Lazy Day with Dandelion Green Tea

As a Hidradenitis Suppurativa sufferer, I understand the frustrations that come with trying to find the true 'causes' of this disease.  If you have been following my blog, you have read about tips and tricks that have worked for me.  I can happily say that January 2015 will be 2 years for me, flare-up free!


Changing my diet has been a major result of this!  However, I know that there have been many other triggers known to cause flare-ups, such as stress.  I have found a lot of ways to de-stress and add joy to my life.  For 2015, I thought I would be more diligent about sharing the foods I eat, ways I choose to de-stress and other things that I believe have helped me with my Hidradenitis Suppurativa!  Ultimately, it is about improving our quality of life and this is my attempt to spread a little joy and work towards Hidradenitis Suppurativa healing!

So here's to 2015!

Lazy Day with Dandelion Green Tea


My New Year was brought in celebrating with some great friends. We all were up late and enjoyed a few cocktails so today has been a very lazy day.  I am enjoying the beauty of the Colorado snow and relaxing with some Dandelion Green Tea to help my body detoxify.  If you have not heard of using dandelion's (yes, the flower) for tea, you will be amazed at the health benefits.  


Dandelion Tea: Dandelion tea is a powerful antioxidant containing vitamins A, C and D.  Dandelion tea is also an anti-inflammatory which is beneficial in disease treatment and prevention.  It can also be used as a detoxifying agent for the liver and promote liver health.  Dandelion Tea can also be used to help regulate blood sugar levels.  


No comments:

Post a Comment