About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Start My Morning Off Right!

How do I start my morning off right?  Enjoying some fresh brewed coffee at a local diner!


Start My Morning Off Right!

When I was first diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa, I avoided coffee for more than 6 months with the fear that it would cause a flare-up!  Mind you, I used to add cream and sweetener which I completely avoid now.  After reaching out to some other HS suffers that drink coffee daily, I thought I would give it a whirl.  Knowing that creams and sweeteners could be detrimental to my HS, I started drinking my coffee black.  It took me a little getting used to (acquired taste), but now I can't live without my morning coffee.




My only advice would be to avoid too much coffee.  In general, caffeine dehydrates the skin which can lead to flare-ups.  Coffee has been known to be a trigger for some HS sufferers so make sure you know your body and be aware of your triggers.  If coffee is not a trigger for you, drink up!  More and more research suggests that there are several health benefits of coffee including being a powerful antioxidant which has been said to serve as a preventative for many diseases.

Starbucks Store Online

No comments:

Post a Comment