About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Chicken with Greek Vinaigrette Marinade

A couple days ago I posted a Greek Vinaigrette Dressing.  I then used the dressing for a Quinoa with Greek Vinaigrette.  I had some extra, so I thought I would use the remaining dressing as a marinade.  Since you already have the Greek Vinaigrette Dressing pre-made, this recipe is super easy and tasty!  I even added some of the garlic from the asparagus to my chicken.

Ingredients
Chicken breasts, sliced down the middle
Greek Vinaigrette Dressing 

On the Side
Asparagus
2 tbsp. garlic
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

  • Marinate the chicken breasts in a sealed container using the Greek vinaigrette dressing.  I marinated mine overnight.  Add the chicken breasts and marinade to a skillet over medium heat.  Cook until done.  
  • Meanwhile, heat garlic and extra virgin olive oil on medium-low heat.  Add asparagus to skillet and sprinkle garlic salt and pepper over asparagus.  Be careful not to overcook.  




Greek Vinaigrette Dressing:  The ingredients in the Greek Vinaigrette Dressing have anti-inflammatory properties.

Asparagus:  Asparagus has many benefits to our digestive health.  It contains a prebiotic that supports the "good" bacteria in our gut.  It is also an excellent source of zinc and vitamin B.  It provides anti-inflammatory compounds and has a strong antioxidant which helps with detoxing the body.

Garlic: Garlic is another superfood that lowers blood pressure, blood cholesterol and blood sugar.  Garlic also protects the liver and contains anti-tumor properties.  It has the ability of boosting the lymphatic system which functions as a defense in the immune system.  Garlic also reduces joint swelling and inflammation.

Extra Virgin Olive Oil:  Extra virgin olive oils have a phytonutrient called oleocanthal.  Studies have shown this natural phenolic compound reduces inflammation.  Extra virgin olive oils are also rich in antioxidants.

No comments:

Post a Comment