About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Mango Salsa

I love finding ways to add flavor to a meal!  Here is a Hidradenitis Suppurativa friendly salsa that you can add to fish, a turkey burger or whatever makes YOU happy :)

***NOTE: This is not a recipe for individuals sensitive to night shades***

Ingredients
1 mango (chopped)
1/2 red bell pepper (chopped)
1/4 cup red onion (chopped)
1 jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
Fresh cilantro (chopped)
Juice from 1 lime
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
dash of garlic salt

  • Combine all ingredients and enjoy!

Mango Salsa



Mango:  Mangoes are high in antioxidants and are a great source of vitamin A and vitamin C.  In a 2013 study, mangoes were also found to reduce blood sugar levels, as well as reduce inflammation.

Bell Peppers: Bell peppers contain capsaicin which have antibacterial properties.  Bell peppers are also loaded with antioxidants such as vitamin C which helps boost the immune system and helps remove free radicals from the body. 

Red Onion:  Red onions contain quercetin which has powerful antioxidants.  Quercetin is known to act like an anti-inflammatory by releasing histamine in the body.  Onions also contain chromium which help control the blood insulin levels.

Cilantro: Cilantro are also high in antioxidants and promotes healthy skin.  It also contains vitamin K which has been shown to decrease the risk of Alzheimer's disease.  

Lime:  Limes are high in antioxidants and effective detoxifiers.  They have an antibiotic effect which helps protect against bad bacteria.  Limes have powerful digestive properties and help treat inflammatory disorders.  

Extra Virgin Olive Oil:  Extra virgin olive oils have a phytonutrient called oleocanthal.  Studies have shown this natural phenolic compound helps fight inflammation.  Extra virgin olive oils are also rich in antioxidants which helps boost the immune system.

No comments:

Post a Comment