About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Play an Instrument

One year ago, I bought a cheap keyboard along with a beginners guide to playing piano.  In May, I upgraded from a keyboard to a piano (thanks to my wonderful mom who bought me a piano for completing my Master's degree).  While I am not great (self-taught), I have to say that playing this instrument has become one of my greatest stress relievers.  There is something about playing a piece of music (as slow as I might be) and it creating a sense of calm.



Play an Instrument

We all know how bad stress can be for our health in general.  Numerous studies have been conducted relating stress to many different diseases.  I have talked to several HS sufferers who have learned that stress is their main trigger.  There is not a time better than now to find things in your life that allow you to de-stress.  You owe it to yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment