About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Friday, January 9, 2015

Avocado Dressing

Two years ago when I completely changed my diet to control/prevent my Hidradenitis Suppurativa I was not a fan of avocados or guacamole.  It's funny when you change your diet, your taste buds change too.  I don't know what happened, but I am loving avocados and guacamole lately!  If you like avocados, you will LOVE this dressing!  It can be used in salads or as a sauce for an entree.  The first time I tried it, I used it over some grilled chicken.  It was delicious.  I have also had it as a salad dressing...YUMMY!

Ingredients
1 avocado
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves
Juice from 1/2 lemon
2 tsp. basil
2 tbsp. Rotel tomatoes (if you are not sensitive to nightshades)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
  • In a food processor combine all ingredients.  
  • Enjoy over a salad!
I liked this dressing thick; however, to thin, add either more lemon juice or olive oil.



Avocado Dressing


Avocado:  Avocados are loaded with vitamins and minerals including B vitamins which help fight off infection and disease.  Avocados are an anti-inflammatory food which can help eliminate chronic disease.  

Extra Virgin Olive Oil:  Extra virgin olive oils have a phytonutrient called oleocanthal.  Studies have shown this natural phenolic compound helps fight inflammation.  Extra virgin olive oils are also rich in antioxidants which helps boost the immune system.

Garlic: Garlic is another superfood that lowers blood pressure, blood cholesterol and blood sugar.  Garlic also protects the liver and contains anti-tumor properties.  It has the ability of boosting the lymphatic system which functions as a defense in the immune system.  Garlic also reduces joint swelling and inflammation.

Lemon: Lemons are known to remove toxins from the body.  They help cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system.  They also strengthen the immune system which helps fight many illnesses.

Basil:  Basil is known to reduce inflammation and swelling.  It contains an oil eugenol which are known to have anti-inflammatory properties.  Basil is also rich in antioxidants which help support the immune system.

No comments:

Post a Comment