About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Healthy Habits

It is amazing how good I feel after eating 'clean' all day long!  Since I have been diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurative, I have completely changed my diet.  This has been my saving grace!  Every single day I incorporate fruits and vegetables.  I eat five times a day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, and dinner).  My morning snack always consists of some sort of fruit, while my afternoon snack is a mix of different raw vegetables.  Here are my snacks for today!


Snacks for Today

I also like to drink green tea or parsley tea throughout my day.  On the weekend, I prepare all my snacks for the week so they are ready to 'grab-n-go'.  Here are a list of my favorite fruits and vegetables.  

FRUIT
  • Apples
  • Grapes
  • Blackberries 
  • Strawberries
  • Mango
  • Kiwi
  • Cherries (when they are in season)
VEGETABLES
  • Cucumber
  • Celery
  • Snap Peas
  • Green Beans
  • Baby Carrots
  • Bell Peppers (unless you are sensitive to nightshades)
  • Broccoli

While I know that eating plenty of fruits and vegetables helps my Hidradenitis Suppurativa, it also helps fight and prevent other diseases.  To make sure you are getting enough fruits and vegetables visit The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention fruit and vegetable calculator which recommends the amount of fruits and vegetables needed based on your calorie needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment