About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Lime Chipotle Chicken

Do you have Hidradenitis Suppurativa?  Have you found your trigger foods?  If not, I recommend you read my HS story and then read my posts on the elimination diet and trigger foods.  It is amazing what you can find out about the healing power of foods.

Here is a lime chipotle chicken recipe that I served with Turmeric Garlic Cauliflower and a spinach salad with homemade Lime Vinaigrette Dressing.

Ingredients
Chicken breasts
2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. sea salt
Juice from 3 limes
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. sauce from chipotle chiles in adobe sauce
1 cup Quinoa

  • Prepare quinoa according to package.
  • Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat olive oil and chicken on medium heat.  
  • In a separate dish combine chili powder, cumin, and sea salt.  Sprinkle over chicken.  
  • In a separate dish combine honey, lime juice and sauce from chipotle chiles in adobe sauce.
  • Once chicken is close to cooked through add sauce mixture to chicken.  Serve over quinoa.
I seasoned my quinoa with an extra 2 tsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. cumin and 1 tsp. sea salt and a little bit of the sauce mixture as well.  




Extra Virgin Olive Oil:  Extra virgin olive oils have a phytonutrient called oleocanthal.  Studies have shown this natural phenolic compound helps fight inflammation.  Extra virgin olive oils are also rich in antioxidants which helps boost the immune system.

Chili Powder:  Chili powder is high in potassium which helps with the digestive process.  Chili powder is also a great source of vitamin A which helps your body create white blood cells (leukocytes).  White blood cells help fight off infections in the body.  

Cumin:  Cumin contains vitamin E and is known to treat skin disorders as well as boils.  This may be due to cumin being known as a detoxifying agent.  Cumin also has disinfectant properties which fight the free radicals that attack the skin. 

Lime:  Limes are high antioxidants and effective detoxifiers.  They have an antibiotic effect which helps protect against bad bacteria.  Limes have powerful digestive properties and help treat inflammatory disorders.  

Honey:  Pure honey is a good alternative sweetener because it does not contain preservatives, additives or chemicals.  Honey is an antioxidant which helps remove free radicals from the body.  Honey is also loaded with vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, magnesium, manganese, and zinc (to name a few).  Some of these minerals have many anti-inflammatory benefits.

Quinoa: Quinoa is high in anti-inflammatory phytonutrients and minerals such as manganese and magnesium.  The anti-inflammatory properties in quinoa make it beneficial in disease treatment and prevention.  Quinoa is a complete source of protein containing all nine essential amino acids.

No comments:

Post a Comment