About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Amy. I was diagnosed with Hidradenitis Suppurativa in January 2013. I am not an expert when it comes to Hidradenitis Suppurativa; however, I have found a way to put my HS in remission. I must stress this is what has worked for me and I understand each individual is different. My hope is to share my experiences with you to see if I can help you begin the healing process and put your HS in remission! Click on My Hidradenitis Suppurativa Story to learn more.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Get Off Your Booty

As soon as my alarm goes off, I go into the bathroom where I have prepared my workout clothes the night before.  Half asleep I put on my workout clothes and go to my basement and squeeze in a 30-45 minute workout routine.  Nothing starts my day off better than a workout!  Besides the health benefits, it gives me energy for my day and makes me feel good about myself.  Not to mention, research suggests that losing weight can significantly reduce the amount of Hidradenitis Suppurativa flare-ups.


Get Off Your Booty

I have been very blessed because a good workout does not exacerbate my Hidradenitis Suppurativa.  I have read forums in which this is the case for some HS sufferers.  I make sure to stay hydrated and shower immediately following my workout.  Additionally, I use a 5% benzoyl peroxide daily (see benzoyl peroxide post).  If you have followed my other posts, you know that I have also completely changed my diet.  I believe the combination of all of this has allowed me to remain flare-up free.

Start with a warm-up.  I like my stationary bike.  After a warm-up try this.
  • Jumping Jacks (1 minute)
  • Plank (30 seconds)
  • Rest
  • Squats (1 minutes)
  • Bicycle crunch (30 seconds)
  • Rest
  • Mountain climbers (1 minutes)
  • Toe-touch crunch (30 seconds)
  • Scissors (30 seconds)
  • Rest
  • Start again

No comments:

Post a Comment